- Focuses on and strengthens the bond between you and your baby
- Gives you confidence in massaging and handling your baby and plenty of games and songs to sing while moving your baby
- Helps you recognise your baby’s own individual cues, likes/dislikes, verbal and non verbal communication signals
- Provides quality one-on-one time for you to enjoy with your baby and Daddy too. I really encourage Dads to come along to class as their ‘special thing’ to do with baby, it’s a long time ‘til the football pitch beckons!
- Great opportunity to meet other mums and dads in the area, there’s a chance for chat and discussion at the end of every class.
- Baby Massage is also recommended for postnatal depression. It supports the bonding process and has been shown to decrease stress hormones in both Mum and baby.
Learn The Skills Of Baby Massage
Eureka Baby Massage offers you and your baby a gorgeous opportunity to learn the skill of baby massage together. The art of loving touch is a powerful bonding tool for you and also stirs the senses of sight and smell and hearing into a marvelous sensory soup for your baby. The benefits (link here) of baby massage are well known. But adding in my Master Baker and Barista skills makes for a very fine morning of chats and support from other mums and dads as well.
For graduation I (and a team of friends and relations!!) knit each baby a little stripey bobble hat signifying the warm and fuzzy feeling that baby massage magically produces for both parent and baby! The hats are available for a small donation to a variety of Childrens Charities (list link here)
Benefits of Baby Massage
Baby massage offers a wide range of benefits for baby and their new mums and dads. The greatest of these is, of course, developing the bond and communication between parent and baby.
Here are some of the reasons that Aqua4mums are offering baby massage to mums and dads of new babies:
- Helps baby’s growth and development, through touch integrating their understanding of what their body is and where it is in space.
- Gentle movements and games are included which helps your baby’s joints and muscles.
- Promotes relaxation and calmness with your baby.
- Helps your baby with abdominal discomfort, assists in relieving constipation, trapped wind, and a special colic routine if this is a problem.
- Aids your baby’s digestion, balances respiratory system, strengthens the immune system.
- Can help relieve nasal congestion and teething pain in your baby.
If you would like to come along to a class in either Clonskeagh, Dublin 14 or Castleknock, Dublin 15 please sign up today and we’ll see you at the next session.
Baby bundles in Health insurance packages cover most of the cost of a baby massage course.
Aileen is a Certified IAIM Infant Massage Instructor and member of IAIM (International Association of Infant Massage)